Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Workspace Wednesday

I'm only showing you guys this stuff because I cleaned up.  Usually it's a total disgrace in here.  And because I love seeing other peoples' desks and having a virtual snoop around.  So I bet you do too.

Oh, you DON'T?????

Liar.

The Desk.  Unseasonably tidy but probably won't stay that way for long.


The Ikea rolling cart.  Yes, everybody has one.  You know why?  Cause they're AWESOME, that's why.


Small bookshelf to the right of my desk.  The top shelf is scotch tape, a stapler (usually but I see it's on the desk at the moment), and two containers of washi tape.  Middle shelf: different media for painting and a wooden drawer full of different sizes and styles of index cards.  Mainly vintage.  Bottom shelf: a basket full of odds and ends like eyelets, wire, hinges, all sorts of crap.  To tell you the truth, I'm not sure what's all in there.  Beside it is a wooden crate full of more index card stuff.  The bottom crate has SECRET IMPORTANT STUFF in it.  You know, things I needed to have but now have no clue what I needed them for.  Example: 20 mismatched fancy silver spoons.  


This bookshelf has a lot of empty books and journals.  In fact, I don't dare count them because I'm not sure I can fill that many in my lifetime.  But I'm going to go down trying.

Third shelf is all my fountain pens and inks; then a basket full of heavy-body acrylics.  Bottom shelf is a basket full of Jo Sonya acrylic paints and a bizarre selection of CDs, and a flower pot full of paintbrushes.  Because I'm Fancy.

 
The clamp lamps are for the white photo booth I made myself in January.  I haven't figured out the finer points of photographing with it yet but when I do, you'll know.  Hint: because my photos won't be so mediocre.

That's enough for today.  I'm enjoying the fact that it isn't an obstacle course to get to my desk.  I might go sit in there and gloat a little.

Love Shelley!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think...